3D/2N Medan & Lake Toba Tour
Highlights: Maimoon Palace Cruise on Lake Toba Ambarita Village
What you get
- Stay: 3*/4* Hotels (1 night - Parapat; 1 night - Berastagi)
- Meals: 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches & 2 Dinners
- Transport: Return airport transfers on seat-in-coach basis
Awarded the “Tourism Object of The Year” by the government of Medan, Maimoon Palace proves to be an integral part of the Indonesian culture and heritage. Built back in year 1888, the majestic Maimoon Palace showcases the perfect marriage of western and Islamic architectural design. Spanish, Indian and Italian influences can be seen throughout the palace’s exterior and interior design.
Lake Toba is actually the remnants of a supervolcanic eruption that dates back to 77,000 years ago. The caldera that forms after the central part of volcano collapsed was gradually filled with water and became the deepest Crater Lake in the world – and Lake Toba is born. Due to rising caldera floor, an island known as Samosir was formed at the centre of the lake. It is now home to many traditional villages.
Ambarita is perhaps the most visited village on Samosir Island due to its intriguing cultural history. The Toba Batak people of Ambarita used to practice cannibalism. Hence, stone furniture that were traditionally used to sentence and behead criminals can be seen here.
ARRIVE MEDAN - PARAPAT (Lunch, Dinner)
- Arrive at Kuala Namu International Airport, Medan where you will be met by a local guide.
- You will be taken on a city tour to visit Maimoon Palace built in 1888 which was the legacy of the Deli Sultanate. Stop at some nearby local shops to buy batik or sarongs.
- After lunch proceed to Parapat and Lake Toba. Stop at a patent shop to buy local food products named Teng Teng or Ting Ting. After arrival at Parapat, check-in to your hotel.
- Dinner will be served at your hotel.
PARAPAT – SAMOSIR ISLAND – BERASTAGI (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- After breakfast, enjoy your cruise along the stunning Lake Toba. Visit the Tomok Village to see the old grave stone of King Sidabutar and continue our visit to Ambarita Village. What makes Ambarita interesting, from an anthropological standpoint, is that during ancient times the Toba Batak people of Ambarita practised a form of carnibalism. What remains today is the cluster of stone chairs where the village elders held council. Whenever an enemy was captured, the elders would invite the rulers of neighbouring villages to a conference, to determine the fate of the victim. The victim is held in behind bars under one of the houses.
- Next, we proceed to Parapat for lunch and then continue to Berastagi. En-route, stop at Simarjarunjung where you may enjoy some ginger tea and pisang goreng, at your own expense. We stop at Sipiso Piso waterfall to view the extraordinary Lake Toba. Then proceed to Berastagi. On arrival, visit the Central Fruits Market to buy, if you want, tropical fruits, vegetables and flowers.
- Check in to your hotel where dinner will be served.
BERASTAGI - MEDAN (Breakfast)
- After breakfast we travel to Medan.
- Upon arrival, we will visit the Grand Mosque, Velangkanu Church, Chinese Temple, Srimariaman Temple.
- In the afternoon, we proceed to Medan Mall and Sun Plaza (Sogo) for an opportunity to shop or if you want, to relax.
- In the evening, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight back home.
Your hotel options with ground arrangement
To see what is included with these prices read the 'what you get' box above and the itinerary.
For additional flights or activities - visit the addons tab above.
Prices displayed are per person in MYR. Click on the hotel/room name for its description.
|Hotel||Single||Twin||Child + bed||Child no bed|
|Danau Toba Cottage Parapat (3*),Patra Jasa Hotel (3*),Danau Toba Cottage Hotel Berastagi (3*)||800||690||640||480|
|Danau Toba Cottage Parapat (3*),Siantar Hotel (3*),Sibayak Hotel (4*),Sinabung Hotel (3*)||820||700||650||490|
|Niagara Hotel (4*),Inna Parapat (3*),Grand Mutiara||840||730||700||520|
Package price validity 01 February 2014 - 30 June 2014
Peak season and public holiday surcharge may apply for certain dates.
Transport addons make your holiday easier (optional)
You can specify if you want any transport addons in the booking form. Transfers from destinations around the world are also available. All transport options include return transfers to the airport/hotel etc.
|Travel by plane||Kuala Lumpur, LCCT||Air Asia|
|Travel by plane||Kuala Lumpur, Subang||Firefly|
|Travel by plane||KLIA||Malaysia Airlines|
More options available when you book.
Enquire about this holiday package
Fill in the form below to check the availability and an estimated price of this holiday package.
Note: to guarantee availability of this holiday you have to submit a booking instead.
Why should I book instead? Hotels prices and room availability are constantly changing. So when you book a holiday (not just enquire) we can reserve your hotel rooms and transport for you. By booking, your holiday arrangements can be guaranteed.